In my household, we’re HUGE fans of our food processor and how it was made for easy meat stripping and cutting, slicing, and dicing garlic, onion, and all kinds of vegetables in a flash, but if you already have your trusty food processor and you’re looking to invest in new trendy kitchen appliances in 2022, make sure to check out this list:
- Get Smart Plate – Anyone who is planning to go on a healthier diet would be super psyched about this “device.” The plate measures the carb content, so no more manually logging your food intake on MyFitnessPal! It is connected to an app and offers you a way to create a customized diet plan based on your age, goals, lifestyle and favorite foods.
- Sous Vide Machine (or immersion circulators) – The sous vide cooking method isn’t actually new, but the devices that used to be exclusive to professional kitchens have made their way to home kitchens and became more popular now than ever. Cooking sous vide involves vacuum sealing the food then immersing it in a water bath kept at a very precise temperature. This method results in meat never overcooking and without moisture lost, so you’ll end up with perfectly-cooked tender meat every time.
- Steam ovens – Steam ovens are perfect cooking alternatives if you’ve decided to cook healthier foods because this removes the need for oils in your food, but keep the taste and moisture of your ingredients. There’s even a convection steam oven if you’re in search of a device that heats up higher than the traditional steam oven, but is still energy efficiency and carbon-neutral.
- Extra-large Electric deep-fryer – For those who want to cook their turkeys for Thanksgiving 2022 in a new way, invest in an extra-large electric deep-fryer to fry your turkey instead of doing the traditional roasting. Many brands from the budget-friendly Hamilton Beach to Masterbuilt’s famous Butterball XL have their own version of this kitchen appliance.
- Meater+ digital meat thermometer – This tool measure the temperature of your meat as it cooks, then reports it back to you via app, so you no longer have to watch the numbers go up or down live. It’s a pretty useful device, especially if you’re exploring different meats and various techniques on how to cook them.
- Multicooker – Still don’t have one yet? If you can only buy one kitchen appliance, may it be the multicooker. It is one of the most time-saving kitchen appliances you could own, since it can be used as a rice cooker, pressure cooker or crock pot and set up your meals in just a push of a button, leave the ingredients cooking, and get back to a perfectly-cooked meal.
- The Brava – If you’re willing to splurge on something that could definitely be the centerpiece of your smart kitchen, then check out the Brava – it’s a sleek-looking countertop kitchen appliance that works like your oven but uses light cooking technology to broil, bake, steam and cook using an app. (An alternative brand that works similarly is Tovala Steam Oven)
- LG’s see-through oven – For those planning to replace their old oven with something more modern, LG’s high-tech oven is probably one of the most impressive you can find. The feature that lets you double-tap the glass so you could see through the oven is just one of the many interesting things to watch out for at the LG x CES 2022.
- Smart dishwashers – Don’t forget our trusted dishwashers that keep our kitchens spic and span. Even the dishwasher is making technological advancements like soil sensors (that work to reduce water waste), and smart features to self-diagnose or auto-schedule its own maintenance via Wi-Fi.
- Smart water purifier – Every house deserves a hydration station, so investing in smart kitchen devices like the Coway Aquamega 200C make it possible to drink cold or ambient filtered water with just a touch.
Smart kitchen appliances, powered by Wi-Fi and connected to awesome-looking apps, will continue to appear on larger appliances like the oven and refrigerators. But in 2022, expect smaller kitchen appliances like the microwave oven to be designed with smart features as well.
With these advancements, you can find appliances that are doing away with knobs and becoming “touch” controlled.
Bluetooth-syncing between the same-branded kitchen appliance (for example, the GE oven talking to your GE microwave) will also become more widely available, so if you’ve been slowly shifting into a smart kitchen, 2022 will be an exciting year. KitchenAid makes it easy for homeowners and features an entire “KitchenAid Connect” collection – every appliance that can be connected to one another.
Our favorite kitchen appliances of 2021, such as the multicookers, airfryers, and vacuum sealers will continue to be improved in the coming year as well.