With more and more people living in cities, it’s no surprise that pests are on the rise. As they proliferate and become immune to traditionally used poisons, it’s become increasingly important to hire a professional pest control firm. Here are the main reasons and what you can do to protect your home from pests and other critters.
When it comes to dealing with pest problems, hiring exterminators is the best way to get the job done. Let’s take a closer look at why.
A professional company will inspect your home thoroughly and devise a detailed plan specific to your home’s design when dealing with pesky creatures. The process includes identifying entry points, choosing an elimination method, and determining any future follow-up procedures.
People will likely make some mistakes if they attempt to follow online advice on how to deal with pests themselves. Repair costs can add up to thousands of dollars.
There are also many dangerous pesticides and poisons that can cause significant health complications. For this reason, it is best to hire exterminators who will use environmentally safe, non-allergic products that will not cause allergic reactions or respiratory problems.
Also, eradicating eggs and larvae is an essential part of the elimination process. The professionals are trained to handle all that and will ensure that re-infestations won’t occur.
Furthermore, professionals will provide a warranty for a certain period of time, which is a much better option than DIY treatments.
Almost all pests carry and bring diseases to people’s homes. That makes pest-proofing your property and regular check-ups of utmost importance when it comes to safeguarding your and your family’s health.
Here are what diseases different kinds of pests bring with them:
- Rodents are known to carry more than 35 diseases (plague, hantavirus, salmonellosis, monkeypox, and others), and they might carry parasites and cause structural damage (plus, they are just plain unsightly).
- Mosquitoes spread malaria, Zika virus, West Nile virus, dengue, Japanese encephalitis and more.
- Cockroaches transmit cholera, typhoid fever, plague, dysentery, salmonellosis, and many more. They, along with termites, can also trigger allergies and asthma attacks.
DIY pest control is not only ineffective, but dealing with dangerous chemicals can expose you and your family to all kinds of health risks. That’s why it’s best to leave that to trained professionals who are specialised in that and will apply only EPA-approved products.
Pest control professionals typically need to obtain a pest control license from the state or local government agency that regulates the industry. The requirements for obtaining a pest control license vary by state and can include passing an exam, completing a certain amount of training, and meeting experience requirements. In addition to a pest control license, some states may also require pest control professionals to obtain a separate license for certain types of pest control, such as termite control or fumigation.
Pest control professionals also typically need to carry insurance, such as liability insurance and workers’ compensation insurance. Liability insurance can help protect the pest control company from financial losses if they are held liable for any damage or injury caused by their services. Workers’ compensation insurance can help cover the cost of medical expenses and lost wages if an employee is injured while on the job.
Infestations cause lots of damage to your property if left untreated. Not only can pests contaminate food and damage furniture, but some of them can also lead to expensive structural damage.
The three most common types of pests to watch out for:
- Rodents, like mice and rats, chew through the insulation of cables, which causes 25% of all fires, or even flooding, as their razor-sharp incisors can chew even through pipes.
- Termites can lead to collapsing roofs or even damaged foundations. Plus, they are notoriously difficult to get rid of.
- Cockroaches can quickly infest any property and may cause damage related to sanitation. They also carry many diseases.
Hiring professionals will lead to quick and efficient results and prevent future infestations and property damages. If you are unsure about the severity of the infestation, it’s best to call the pest control experts to do a check-up before things get out of hand.
Most people wait until it’s too late before calling professional exterminators, which results in lots of wasted time and effort.
Pest control experts carefully identify the exact species of pest and apply the specific chemicals and treatments that are needed. Early intervention also means much less work for the experts, and the issue will be solved much more quicker and cheaper.
Here’s why hiring professionals will save you money:
- Experts will inspect your home, offer the best kind of treatment, and eliminate pests in a limited time frame. This will save lots of money, time and effort;
- Clearing the infestation early is cheaper and can save you thousands in structural damages;
- It will eliminate the health risks and potential medical costs of handling dangerous chemicals yourself;
- Regular check-ups will also ensure protection and no significant property damage (plus, they are cheaper than an emergency call);
- Last but not least, delegating to professionals will save you time, which you can spend on other, more important things.
One of the most important things quality pest control offers is peace of mind.
Having pesky creatures in your home means more stress, inconvenience and potentially sleepless nights. When you hire professional exterminators, you will save yourself all the hassle of having to deal with the problem yourself. You will also rest assured that there will be no pests running around your home and that your property is safe and pest-free.
On top of that, many licensed companies also offer year-round protection, ensuring no uninvited guests will grate on your nerves or put you and your family at risk.
When you own a property, whether commercial or residential, you have a legal obligation to ensure that all the occupants are safe from harm. Pests are a common problem, and it’s important to eradicate them quickly before they cause serious damage to your property or the occupants’ belongings.
Pests cause more than just annoying bites. They can also cause serious health issues and structural damage. For business owners and homeowners alike, it’s important to hire a professional pest control company to help take care of your pest problems before they get worse.