Just shifted to a new house in a new neighborhood? Are you scared of what type of people live here? Are you too frightened to even sleep because someone told you that few people broke into a house before you moved in? Well, worry, not. Because I am here to end all your worries.
There might be a little fear that ghosts surround your house, but being attacked by burglars is far scarier. If burglars can target Rihanna’s home, then you can expect anything from anyone. I didn’t mean to scare you. You can be cautious and can help yourself by protecting your house. The tiny drop makes an ocean, which means even minute things will help you keep you safe.
Yes, I know when you move into a new place, you feel scared. I know this because I have experienced this. Your adrenaline rushes when you hear the faintest sound, too, and you imagine situations in which a few people attack you, or you come home and find your house was robbed.
These fears come when you move to a new place, or you live alone. It is nearly impossible to get rid of them. If you succeed, they will still be running at the back of your mind.
Today, I will share a few easy tips or hacks you can do to make your home secure and put your mind at ease. These hacks contain no rocket science so that everyone can do them. These little changes will keep you and your personal belongings safe and secure.
1. First things first get to know your neighbors. They can be accommodating in such situations. Be friends with them. Ask them about the vicinity you live in and the people who live here.
2. A strange tip, but do not fight with people unnecessarily. They can try to harm you in revenge too. Be polite. If you feel something is wrong, tell them politely. Do not argue without any reason.
3. Check all your doorknobs. It is the most crucial step. If you think they are weak, replace all of them with high-quality door handles. It will make your house secure even more.
4. Try securing windows. If you do not know how to do that, secure them with metal. You can even try to replace transparent glass with translucent glass so nobody can even peek like a creep. You can also add window sensors. Now, what are window sensors? If anybody touches your window, the alarm will start ringing.
5. Try to keep your valuable things out of sight. Like your money, expensive makeup, accessories, jewelry, and household items.
6. Keep your place well lit even when you are not at home. It will create the impression that you are at home.
7. Cover your windows and garage with trees and plants. Your house will not be visible easily.
8. Install a peephole in your front door. Next time anyone rings your bell, you can easily peep through the hole to see who is there. Another benefit is if you do not want to entertain a guest, you can avoid them.
9. If possible and you can afford, install security cameras. You can easily catch any suspicious person wandering around your street. Not only can you watch it on your television but also your phone even if you are not in town. Studies show that the sales of security cameras have risen over the years and is still increasing day by day.
10. If you are hiding a key, be very cautious when you do it. Check around first, and don’t hide it in prominent places like under the mat. Hide it in such a position that nobody can guess it. There are many DIYs’ (do it yourself) on hiding your keys.
11. Invest in good quality locks. Do not rely on chains. Use a durable one that can secure your house, your garage, your gallery even your windows.
12. There have so many technological inventions today. There are smoke and poisonous gas detectors, as well. If you can, you should install such things too.
13. Close your blinds at night. Never leave your blinds or curtains open at night. They can give the impression that you are sleeping and they can enter.
Seasons and movies based on crime and robberies have given robbers so many creative ideas to rob a person or a house. So you must be creative enough to protect your home in every way possible.
These tips can make your home secure and can give you a sense of relief. You can sleep without any scary thoughts. Even if you live in a peaceful and safe area, it is always good to be cautious. Bad things can happen to anyone anytime. This article does not intend to make you scared, but to make you wary. One must indeed be ready for any situation. But it is prevention is better than cure. It means that it is better to protect yourself today than protecting yourself after. I hope these tips will come in handy and will help you overcome your fears. Have a good sleep at night and stay stress-free when not at home.