People often use white leather to produce shoes, furniture and purses as it is considered to be a popular and durable material. However strong it is, its porous surface is capable of absorbing oil from the skin and hands, resulting in stains.
If you are wondering how to clean white leather, this article will provide you with various techniques.
All you need to do is choosing the right solution, and you can remove stains from white leather efficiently and quickly!
Use Ingredients In Your Own Home
There are many ways to clean white leather, and you can also make your own leather cleaner since it is not difficult to do.
Use a damp cloth to wipe the surface with a mixture of warm water, a few drops of Castile or dishwashing soap and a few drops of vinegar,.
Too much water can make white leather go bad so please don’t soak it. You’d better take another moistened cloth to wipe off the soap and then dry carefully.
There is another way to make a cleaner in your own house: add a half cup of olive oil and a quarter cup of vinegar into a bottle.
In a spray bottle, put a half cup of olive oil and a quarter cup of vinegar into a spray bottle. After that, spritz this mixture on the stain, let sit for 5 minutes and wipe it.
The leather may be damaged by the effect of bleach or cleaner containing ammonia, so be sure to avoid it. You should clean spills immediately as they occur to prevent stains.
Now matter how careful you are with the cleanup, stains always have chance to happen, so it is essential to learn how to clean them.
You can use one of these items below!
Nail Polish Remover or Rubbing Alcohol
If you fret about how to make white leather clean, do not hesitate to use Nail Polish Remover or Rubbing Alcohol as they can help you remove the ink. Just do some small steps below, and you will get it done.
- You can make the stain become blur by using a cotton pad containing nail polish remover or rubbing alcohol.
- The ink will spread if you rub it,so don’t do this.
- When the stain has disappeared, use a mild mixture of dishwashing soap and warm water to clean.
- Use a clean, moistened cloth to wipe.
Baking Soda or Cornstarch
Another technique to clean white leather is using Baking Soda or Cornstarch. We can use them to make oil or grease disappear.
- On the spot, scatter baking soda or cornstarch
- Gently rub it in.
- Let sit through some hours or a night.
- Oil will disappear as soda or starch can absorb it.
- Use a soft cloth to wipe the powder
Toothpaste will also remove scuffs, which help clean white leather very efficiently.
- Use a moistened cloth to make the stained area wet.
- Remember only moisten the area, please not to make it to be in soak
- Wipe a small amount of non-gel toothpaste on the stain.
- Brush away the stain by using a soft toothbrush
- When everything’s done, use a clean cloth to wipe the area, then dry with a towel.
Lemon Juice and Cream of Tartar
Lemon juice and cream of tartar can help remove stains on white leather and make it clean as they provide a mild bleaching effect.
- Put equal parts of each together to make a mixture.
- Apply the mixture to the stain and let sit for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the paste with a scrubber and you will complete.
There are also some tips and warnings you should know to make white leather clean efficiently.
- Avoid using rough or crumbly cloths like paper towels as they can make your leather become scratch or leave debris behind.
- Avoiding any particles or minerals lurking in your tap water by using bottled or distilled water to put into your homemade recipes.
- Prevention is key. Use a protective sealant for pretreatment as it can help to keep dirt and stains away.
- Pre-cleaning is also very important. Make sure there aren’t any denrics or dust on your leather before continuing with a cleaner.
It is essential that you read your leather care instructions and follow the suggestions of the manufactures.
Always test a new product in the place that can’t easily be seen first. It’s essential to know whether there are any stains or damage to the leather’s finish.
The Bottom Line
After reading those techniques, you can surely know how to deal with stains on white leather.
It is doubtless that there are various ways to keep white leather as white as new. However, you also have to keep some tips and warnings in your mind.
If you use leather conditioner, the surface will not become dry or cracked, the leather skin also become durable and look good.
It is essential to know how to clean white leather as it will help you keep your furniture and clothing lovely and make it lasting.